How to Order Glass
Stay In Touch
Please enter your email here to enter once a month sweepstakes for 15% OFF the Custom Glass Order
What makes Custom Glass so remarkable?
Custom glass is a quite remarkable product that most of us take for granted because it is such an integral part of our lives.
You heat sand, you get glass. Sounds simple, yet apart from a cataclysmic event or a stray bolt of lightening this is not something ordinary individuals ever encounter.
We come across it daily in windows, windshields, spectacles, decorative elements, buildings, hi-tech applications, and so forth. This unique material has several properties or characteristics, which make it an ideal choice for a wide range of unique products increasingly being used in variety of fields.
What are these characteristics and why this material is so unique and valuable?
- Glass is what is known as a non-crystalline or amorphous solid because there is no long-range order in terms of the molecule’s positioning.
- When heated, it undergoes a transition from solid or hard, back to liquid or molten. More significantly, transition does not affect the material’s structure much. In other words, material can be worked, altered, even reworked in order to produce new compounds.
- Many people are familiar with the fact that colours, pigments or other elements can be introduced into molten substance and lead to creation and proliferation of beautiful custom stained glass, beautiful vases, coloured dinnerware and other objects that are both visually pleasing and functional.
Several qualities of this everyday material can be altered, which again means it is a versatile and exciting substance.
- Reference has already been made to the fact that colour can be used for either functional or aesthetic reasons.
- It is a very hard substance and custom tempered glass can be produced that is abrasion resistant. It will also meet the safety standards for glass applications and make your installations more professional.
- Some glass can be made resistant to bases and acids or heat and temperature.
- Glass has a refractive index and dispersion properties that also lend themselves to optical and fibre optic technologies. That allows different light diffusion options on glass products.
- Thermal properties can be altered in terms of expansion rates, melt temperatures, and overall stability.
Custom glass is now being widely used in various home decor projects, buildings, and even high-tech applications. Most people add elements of glass to their homes by displaying beautiful vases, ornamental figurines, decorative bowls, and installing custom glass tabletops, custom glass shower doors, windows, partitions, backsplashes and much more. Although this material has already been utilized in electronics, automotive, medical and communications fields (to name just a few), new and exciting applications are being discovered all the time. It’s exciting to think where things will be in next decades.
With every new invention of glass technology, the use of remarkable sand substance goes to another level. A glassmaker needs to work with the wonderful qualities of material to create a new product, so the end result has all the required properties to allow the installation perform its desired function and have durability. This creative work is challenging but immensely rewarding for those involved. All of us as end users are the beneficiaries of the such results.
Our company has wide range of capabilities to assist our customers with projects that require any kind of custom glass products.
Custom Art Glass at it's Ultimate Palace Of Glass is a provider of high-end architectural glass products based in California, USA. Our fine art glass paneling is designed by some of the world's best artisans and includes varieties of etched glass, cast glass and sculptured stacked glass. Our deep carved glass and painted glass products are the most innovative alternative to stained glass. We offer unique and easy opportunities to enhance and beautify your home or business with the best of designer glass. Choose from our diverse selection of decorative glass or have us produce your own custom glass designs!
Palace of Glass Blog